I'm looking for actual machine names (e.g. 'Sequoia') and the host site (e.g. LLNL). Bonus points for the funding agency (e.g. DOE NNSA) and the machine type (e.g. IBM BlueGene/Q).
Submit your guesses or knowledgeable answers either through the comments field below, or to me on twitter (@hpcnotes).
For the photos, if you are stuck, you might need to use clues from my twitter stream as to where I have been recently.
Answers will be revealed once there have been enough guesses to amuse me. Have fun!
- Which supercomputer are we looking underneath?
- Acceptance of this leading system became a HPC news topic recently
- NAG provides the Computational Science & Engineering Support Service for this one
- One letter is all that’s needed to describe this supercomputer
- Racing cattle powered by Greek letters
- Spock was one of these
- Which supercomputer does this photo show the inner rows of?
- Memory with a deerstalker & pipe
- Put an end to Ming (or did he)?
- This plant/leaf is normally silver when used as the national symbol of this one’s host country